Monday, August 15, 2011

Wisconsin weekend



I spent this past weekend in Wisconsin!


I traveled on The SS Badger, the historic coal burning ferry that connects Ludington, Michigan and Manitowoc, Wisconsin.  The ship was built in 1953 and is an enormous, vintage beauty.  It's a 4 hour, 60 mile trip across the lake.


People sleeping on loungers - there is a lot ot do on board:  they have bars, a movie theater, gift shop, lots of food and Badger Bingo.


This is the largest crane in the world - built in Manitowoc



I visited the Maritime Muesum and toured the World War II submarine 
SS Cobia (on the right)  It was so fascinating - if you ever have a chance to tour a WW2 sub, I recommend it.



Dinner at Baumgartners in Monroe - limburger cheese sandwiches!


I came home with lots of cheese from one of my favorite cheese shops - Brennan's in Monroe.


No comments: