Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Building of Boss Mouse, Part 12: Stirred, not shaken



A part of almost all cheese making recipes includes stirring the cheese curd, or heating and stirring it simultaneously, for an hour or more.  Manually done, this can be the most tedious part of the cheese making process.  I have spent many an hour slowly stirring cheese curd by hand, but thanks to my Dad's mechanical talent, Boss Mouse will have a mobile mechanical stirrer.  He crafted it from several parts, welded the stainless steel himself and gave it an adjustable speed motor.  Here it is sitting on top of the cheese kettle with its architect looking on.  

I can't thank my Dad enough for the role he has played in building the cheese room and cave, attending to the details, chasing the contractors and being so involved in the project - I love you Dad!

1 comment:

RealReldnew said...

That is so cool, and following your progress is exciting!