Friday, July 20, 2012

so stainless



My milk supplier is going to begin delivering my milk in 10 gallon stainless steel milk cans, which weigh in excess of 100 lbs. when full.  Mechanical wizard Dad Kurta is working on a ceiling mounted pulley system so that I will be able to hoist these up and pour their contents into the kettle.  I love the look of milk canisters.


A neighbor of mine works at a large food processor in town, and when they get rid of aging commercial pieces, he donates them to Boss Mouse.  While it would make a great looking bar cart, it will be my new brine stand in the cheese cave, replacing my upturned buckets.  Perfect.

1 comment:

mike said...

whoa! type in an old friend's name in google and you never know what you'll find! i hope you're enjoying your midwest farm life; we are enjoying our midwest, uh, suburban life. - mike