Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I love Steve


I got this e-mail from my brother Steve the other day.  It was probably intended to be a stupid forum post, but he is a great writer and I like his forthright style and self aware honesty.   He's talking about the show True Detective. Love you, Beeb!

image not displayed
"Just finished last night. Can't get the season's soundtrack out of my head.  Here's link if you want lonesome guitar, wailing vocals, or clap/stomp gospel and much more --  Boogie Down Productions stuff,  the Melvin's. Great collection. The deep south continues to fascinate/scare me -- charming yet creepy.

The sketchiness vibe about the deep south True Detective gave me is similar to the fear of swimming in open water Jaws gave me as a kid -  unreasonable suspicion and fear. heh.  But wow, Great show..."


No comments: