Thursday, June 12, 2014

Cream Cup Dairy



Now that I will be making more cheese, I am sourcing milk from a second farm:  Cream Cup Dairy in Kaleva, Michigan


They have a beautiful farm


and happy, pastured cows


The owner is a Mennonite man who drives this awesome little refrigerated truck and they deliver right to Boss Mouse, which helps me a lot


The milk is packaged in 5 gallon plastic bags that sit in a milk crate and have a little pouring spout (above)  I just cut off the whole corner of the bag for faster milk dumping

I was asking David about his herd and got him to tell me the names of all of his cows.  In alphabetical order, meet some of the heifers of Cream Cup Dairy: 

Arabia, Arby, Ardele, Aztec, Bette, Casey, Cobolt, Coho, Corrine, Marlowe, Mars, Melba, Skeeto, Sora and Sprite


No comments: