Sunday, September 7, 2014

Maggie



A sweet, lost dog named Maggie showed up at the farm last week.  She was wearing Detroit tags with an expired phone number, and was wet and exhausted.  I gave her some food, and she was fine with Max and Cozy, but I wasn't sure what to do next.


I called the Traverse City Humane Society, who couldn't have been less helpful.  They somewhat said I was on my own, so my plan was to do my best to find her owners myself, and as a last resort take her to a shelter where her owners may have been looking for her.


I drove her around and talked to some neighbors, and after an hour or so I actually tracked down where she belonged.  She was visiting from the Detroit area and staying with a family about 2 miles from my farm.  The owners said she had chased a deer and didn't know her way back, and they were frantic trying to find her.  One of them was driving around on a 4-wheeler looking for her, which is how I found them.  A very happy ending.


1 comment:

madcitydon said...

I don't think that it was an accident that Maggie found her way to your house while lost. She sensed the good vibe and realized that you'd get her back home. And you did! I certainly know where I'm heading if I ever get lost.