Wednesday, July 15, 2015

she loved him


I am reprinting an excerpt from a recent e-mail from a very good friend of mine who I used to work with in our youth, at the famed Record Plant Recording Studios in New York City, in the mid-1980s. We were both receptionists there, and have many, many music industry stories between us.  I loved this, and love you, Jacquie.


Record Plant memory ... I remember freaking out because Sting was coming into the studio. At the time I was obsessed with the Police and Sting and didn't think I'd be able to hold it together.  A few days later Sting arrived with his entourage and I buzzed him in. So far so good.  He stood close to the reception doorway and spoke with a few people for quite some time.  I watched him intently as he spit tangerine pits, one after another onto the lounge rug. It was so crass.  I never again put anyone famous on a pedestal. 

No comments: