Tuesday, June 13, 2017

before & after



Over the past few years, I've been slowly out-growing my office.  I am a very organized person, but I realized the star item in my office - my desk - was just too small.  Several weeks ago Dad found a free desk on Craig's List in Clare, MI, about an hour South of Kingsley, which we went down to pick up. It needed some Mike Kurta-izing (sanding, repairing, shining up, and best of all, painting) and yesterday, we reassembled its pieces in my office.  This picture is from a few weeks ago, and there's the late Mabel!


A large, heavy oak desk with mahogany veneer, Dad said it is incredibly well made and sturdy.  I chose bright pink paint, and will be filling it back up carefully.  What a difference a good work space makes - thank you Mom & Dad!


No comments: