Thursday, July 1, 2010

the baby blue jay




Some blue jays have built a nest in a tree right beside my front door, so every time Pucci or I go in or out, they get really upset, and fly around screeching, or literally try to dive-bomb Pucci (they haven't tried to dive-bomb me - - yet).  Last night I was laying in bed looking out the window and heard a lot of rustling in the trees.  I watched and saw the adult blue jays flying around, and then one of the babies perched as close to my window as you could get.  It looked just like this picture (I didn't take this picture) and sat there for about 10 minutes, just looking around, unaware of me watching.  I could have reached out and touched it.  Blue jays have bad reputations because they are boisterous and aggressive, but I think they are such beautiful birds, and definitely have the coolest hairstyle.  Watching that little bird was the only thing in the world last night.

No comments: