Tuesday, August 23, 2011

best green beans



This is my favorite way  to cook green beans.  It's super easy:
  • Saute a few chopped cloves of garlic in a few glugs of olive oil
  • Add a small can of anchovies with their oil (trust me on this.)  Cook all together until the anchovies break up and become a paste
  • Add 3 or 4 cups of canned crushed tomatoes, chopped fresh tomatoes, tomato sauce, whatever you have
  • Add 1-1½ lbs of green beans and cook with the lid on medium-low heat.  If they get a little dry, add some water.  They are absolutely delicious and don't worry, the anchovies become a salty, rich flavor that isn't fishy whatsoever - I served mine with some cod fish on top.

1 comment:

Dahlia said...

I'm going to make this! It sounds yummy and reminds me of a dish my grandmother used to make with green beans in tomato sauce. I'll let you know the results...