Friday, May 6, 2011

The Holman Farm



My friend Laurie lives on a magic cherry farm on the Mission Peninsula.  I visited her this week and we had a great afternoon - she gave me a tour of their 90 acre centennial farm and grounds.


Cherry harvesting equipment

scarecrow


Baby plants in the hoop house - her spinach re-sprouted on its own this year


This is a list from Laurie's gardening notebook on the "extra" plants she has this year



Laurie's herb and flower garden - she is a plant whisperer


Enormous maple tree


Home grown from seed under the fluorescents


Canned tomato sauce


More canned goods in the pantry


Jenny, the German short haired pointer of love


Spring flowers

1 comment:

Holly Bodjanac said...

Tim and Laurie are my amazing aunt and uncle! The orchard is one of my favorite places on earth, and Laurie does a fantastic job with all of her plants. She has the greenest thumb of anyone I know! I look forward to her canned goods all year. I'm glad you got the tour.